CiA members do not only support CiA’s tasks in developing CiA specifications and working in international standardization groups. They also foster the development of markets and the information exchange between users and manufacturers on a company- and product-neutral platform.
In return CiA members benefit from the opportunity to:
- Initiate and influence specifications, which will be published by CiA
- Receive access to most current CiA work drafts and CiA draft standard proposals (even if not participating in the standardization)
- Be assigned free-of-charge CANopen Vendor-IDs
- Get the CANopen conformance test tool for free
- Get credits on CANopen product certifications
- Attend CiA plugfests (CANopen and CAN FD)
- Participate in interoperability testing
- Receive exclusive information on new CAN technology and market trends
- Participate in joint marketing activities
- Develop partnerships with other CiA members
- Get credits on CiA events such as seminars and conferences
- Get credits on advertisements in all CiA publications
Creating a better world requires teamwork, partnerships, and collaboration, as we need an entire army of companies to work together to build a better world within the next few decades. This means corporations must embrace the benefits of cooperating with one another.
There are no stupid questions!
The CiA office provides a CAN hotline service for technical, marketing, and product related questions. You can send your question by email (service(at)can-cia.org) or fax (+49-911-928819-79) or you can call us (+49-911-928819-0). Generally, we will answer your request within 24 hours, except on weekends or German holidays. If we need more time to respond to your inquiry, we will inform you.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. CiA engineers have a good technical background and also some detailed knowledge on CAN technology. If we can't answer your question, perhaps we know someone who can. In the rare case that no answer is available, we will start to investigate jointly with our members to find a solution.